Friday, May 28, 2010

I am unique...I am iPad



I know some people say I am just a big iPhone with no real identity of my own. To them I submit these photos as evidence that I really am my own unique being and not simply a rehash of my relatives that have come before. This is me and my big sis (who is 4 years old) cozied in on the couch for a little playtime and learning fun. First, I am big enough that you can do almost anything with me. Here I was helping her recognize the different letters of the alphabet, to practice the sounds that each makes, and to properly write each one. Notice that this is just me and her...no help required. She is able to navigate my screens and pick my different Apps at will and completely independently. Notice how nothing additional is required, no stylus, no pencil, no keyboard, no paper...nothing else....just her and I. While I was helping her learn she thought we were simply playing.

Next I would like you to notice how comfortably we sit together and get cozy. We fit together so naturally it is as though we were made for each other. In one of these photos we were watching one of our favorite new tv shows. Just me and big sis. Can a laptop do this? Can an iPhone do this? While they can also play tv shows, the iPhone's screen is simply too small to enjoy and the laptop can not sit with big sis this comfortably.

I submit to you the following question. Has anything that has come before been so natural to use and fit into your life (and your lap) so easily? While people may not consider me a necessity, once I join your family I will fit in so naturally that you soon will forget what life was like without me...at least that is how my new family feels. I am unique...I am iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment